Develops and manages commercial loan accounts that meet established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the bank at minimum risk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Loan Function
a. Interviews loan applicants, and collects and analyzes financial and related data to determine the general credit worthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
b. Establishes, and negotiates where necessary, terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, and schedule and collateral requirements.
c. Approves loans with a legal loan limit according to Bank policy. In general, handles the more complex and substantial department loans.
d. Collects and analyzes information that reflects the current credit worthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant's business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview, and other means.
e. Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past-due accounts.
f. Advises customers, where possible, concerning business management and financial matters.
g. Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers, cross-sells bank services.
h. Develops material for and makes loan presentations to the Loan Review Committee.
2. Promotes Jeff Davis Bank and Trust Company in the community
a. Participates in community affairs to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
b. Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers. Also, cross-sell bank services.
c. Maintains an awareness of economic conditions and planned developments within his/her service area that could affect the overall profitability.
3. Undertakes special projects relating to departmental services as assigned by the senior officer.
Education and/or Experience:
College degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related area with ten years lending experience with management training and bank related courses
Work schedule for a Commercial Loan Officer will vary. Regular attendance is required Monday through Friday. Schedule may require representing the company after hours at related functions, customer calls or training.
1. Possess a high level of analytical skills to assess and evaluate the operation of subordinate areas of responsibility, participates in establishing financial goals, analyzes new products, reviews legal opinions, monitors economic conditions and drafts operational reports to the Board of Directors.
2. Broad knowledge of the lending function
3. Must have knowledge of operating laser-pro software and familiar with laser-pro documents.
4. Must possess excellent communication skills, human relation skills and organizational skills.
5. Must possess management and supervisory skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
1. College degree or in lieu of degree five years of lending experience and bank related courses.
2. Five years of experience at operating a personal computer including Microsoft and particularly Excel software.