Responsible for efficient, effective management of full service bank office, ensuring that established personnel policies, operational policies and procedures are followed and all staff members are motivated to become the best they can be, personally and professionally. Directs and administers sales, marketing customer relations and operational efforts in such a manner as to assure the bank an adequate yield on invested capital. Constantly monitors the level of service delivered by staff members. Makes self known in the community through active participation in civic and service organizations. This position falls under the requirements of the Secure and Fair Enforcement Act position for Mortgage Licensing. Makes business calls to promote JD Bank. Performs other duties that may be assigned by Management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Manages office operations in order to generate an appropriate level of profitability
a. Works with Administration staff to prepare and follow office budget.
b. Works pro-actively to enhance revenues and constrict expenses with appropriate attention given to safety and soundness.
c. Trains and motivates staff to assist achieving desired profitability.
2. Promotes JD Bank in the community
a. Participates in community affairs to increase the bank's visibility and enhances new business opportunities.
b. Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers. Also cross-sells bank services.
c. Maintains an awareness of economic conditions and planned developments within service area that could affect the overall profitability of office.
3. Oversees Office Administration
a. Implements appropriate controls and action plans over all internal and external activities relative to particular office to assure attainment of established objectives.
b. Exercises daily supervision of office staff, either directly or through subordinates and sees that operational efficiency is carried out.
c. Maintains an awareness of economic conditions and planned developments within this service area that could affect the overall profitability of office.
d. Becomes familiar with management members of other bank departments to assure good working relationships.
e. Maintains continual checks on physical property and equipment to assure that they are in good working order
f. Oversees preparation of various operating reports as directed.
g. Follows established precautionary procedures to assure that maximum security of the office prevails at all times.
h. Promotes friendly relations with staff members, retail customers, local business people, trade organizations, service clubs and others to sell the bank's full range of banking services.
i. Sets an example for all staff members to follow related to superior sales skills and delivering outstanding services
j. Develops new business ideas and carries out plans to increase new business.
4. Loan Function
a. Has authority to process commercial and consumer loans with a legal loan limit according to loan policy.
b. Interviews loan applicants, collects and analyzes financial and related data in order to determine the general credit worthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
c. Advises customers, when possible, on business management and financial matters.
d. Develops material for and makes loan presentation to the Loan Review Committee when required.
e. Establishes and negotiates when necessary the terms under which credit will be extended, including the most, repayment method, schedule and collateral requirements.
5. Security Function
a. Assumes responsibility to evaluate, recommends and insures the implementation of established security procedures throughout the Office.
b. Implements training of personnel in regards to procedures.
c. Works closely with Security Officer to implement recommended security procedures.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration or related degree. Ten years of progressively more responsible experience within a financial organization including management training, making loan decisions, understanding of current lending regulations and loan documentation.
1. Possess a high level of analytical skills to assess and evaluate the operation of subordinate areas of responsibility, participates in establishing financial goals, analyzes new products, reviews legal opinions, and drafts operational reports to the Board of Directors.
2. A high level of problem –solving skills to coordinate the management of personnel, and to analyze and respond to changes in the regulatory and competitive market.
3. Must possess a high degree of business development and excel in customer relations.
4. Must be well groomed with good human relations and communications skills with a high degree of poise and tact to represent the bank positively. Ability to interact in a courteous, helpful and professional manner.
5. Ability to handle high pressure, high volume of work, and willing to work amount of time necessary to properly complete assigned duties.
6. Demonstrates flexibility when work assignments or priorities change; a willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the overall effectiveness of the branch.
7. Ability to organize and prioritize work without direction from supervisor in situations where dramatic changes frequently occur; works with sense of urgency and high level of energy.
8. Must be able to operate a personal computer with average speed and accuracy, and a user of Microsoft Word and Excel. Have an exceptional knowledge of loan documentation, credit policy manual, and know state and federal regulations as it applies to lending and banking operations.
Work schedule will vary depending upon demand, but will consist of an 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:45 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Saturday banking hours will also be included. Schedule may require representing the company after hours at related functions, customer calls or training. Regular attendance is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration or related degree. in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, an Associates Degree in related training including five years of experience within financial organization including management training, making loan decisions, understanding of current lending regulations and loan documentation.
Requires successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).