Provides a variety of service functions, including processing savings accounts, checking accounts, and loan transactions, cashing checks, and selling cashier’s checks. Also processes mail, maintains account records, and cross-sells bank services. Is responsible for balancing each day’s transactions and verifies cash totals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Opens night depository vault and night deposit bags
2. Pays and receives.
3. Sells cashier’s checks.
4. Collects funds for cash items.
5. Receives loan payments.
6. Processes customer request for credit card cash advances.
7. Accepts Municipal Bond Coupons.
8. Redeems U.S. Savings Bonds for deposit or cash.
9. Assists vault teller.
10. Balance and maintain large volumes of coin from the Coin Star counter
11. Operates 2 – 4 wheel dolly for coin and currency shipments, currency counter, and teller machines.
12. Rotates in balancing teller cash dispenser (TCD).
13. Rotates for extended hours (7:30 AM - 6:30 PM), Monday through Friday. Rotation of Saturday banking hours may be included.
14. Assists in safe deposit box customer entry.
15. Adherence to and support of all compliance and BSA/AML rules and regulations related to this job function.
16. Performs other duties that may be assigned by Management.
In addition to the above basic duties you must have extensive knowledge and be able to
effectively complete at least one of the following additional teller duties:
1. Sets and resets alarm system.
2. Opens and closes currency vault.
3. Fills currency sales and purchases from all tellers and for vault.
4. Maintains cash vault inventory and control.
5. Maintains records for vault.
6. Breaks down all currency received from Federal Reserve Bank.
7. Collects all mutilated money, proves and prepares for shipment.
8. Checks teller windows and drawers.
1. Local and foreign: maintains, receives, pays and records.
2. Banks drafts: control, receives, pays and records.
3. Transits: cash advances, sundry banks, municipal bonds and coupons
4. Inputs bond 1099 information (Access codes required)
5. Inputs currency orders and shipments.
6. Cashier’s Checks: Balances and maintains
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with 18 months of experience as a Teller I, with some experience handling vault duties and/or processing collections on bank drafts, and balancing of controlled items.
1. Knowledge of computer and software application, and ten key number pad.
2. Excellent balancing record.
3. Ability to work under time constraints, uses good judgment, and act in a tactful, professional,
non-irritated manner while dealing with the public and co-workers.
4. Must have a professional appearance and manner.
5. Maintain a high level of company and customer confidentiality.
6. Verbal skills at a level sufficient to understand memorandums, instructions, and relative forms and write in a clear, concise legible manner.
Work schedule will vary depending upon demand, but will consist of an 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime may be required. Part time tellers must be able to work 1:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. or 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (time varies according to branch needs). Rotation of Saturday banking hours may be included for all tellers. Regular attendance is required of all tellers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Must have a minimum of a High School diploma are GED
Must have at least 18 months prior teller experience
Must have proven experience with cash vault duties
Must have working knowledge of collecting bank drafts and balancing controlled items