The Bank Operations Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting the coordination of the organization’s operation functions under the direction of the SVP Operations Manager, in accordance with established systems and procedures, as well as establishing and overseeing new initiatives.
1. Provide support to branch staff; point of contact for escalation to Operations Manager with operational issues.
2. Organize surprise cash audits and branch coverage as needed.
3. Become Subject Matter Expert on the Bank’s product line, be point of contact for IRAs and HSAs.
4. Assist in drafting new procedures and provide updates to existing procedures as needed for the purpose of streamlining operational functions.
5. Assist with analyzing various operational audits, develop a plan of action, and formulate a response to the audits.
6. Tracking of audit exception clearing.
7. Assist with special projects as needed.
8. Assist in the Mentor Program Assignment, follow- up, and mentor incentive.
9. Assist the Operations Manager in training as the need arises.
10. Provide back up support for system administration; provide branch support for BPM, Integrated Teller.
11. Adherence to and support of all compliance and BSA/AML rules and regulations related to this job function.
12. Performs other duties that may be assigned by Management.
Education and experience:
1. 2–4 years of branch or banking operations experience
2. 2 – year college degree preferred
3. High School Diploma or equivalent required
1. Working knowledge of branch functions and branch operations.
2. Must be well groomed with good human relations and communications skills with a high degree of poise and tact to represent the bank positively. Ability to interact in a courteous, helpful and professional manner.
3. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
4. Demonstrate excellent judgment, along with the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
5. Effective organizational, problem solving and analysis skills.
6. Demonstrates flexibility when work assignments or priorities change; a willingness to do whatever it takes to ensure the overall effectiveness of the branch.
7. Ability to organize and prioritize work in situations where dramatic changes frequently occur; works with sense of urgency and high level of energy.
8. Must be trained in Microsoft Word and Excel.
9. Ability to travel to all JD Bank locations is expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required
2. 2-4 years of branch or banking operations experience