A Universal Banker performs a variety of duties to provide existing and potential customers with efficient and accurate services. An employee in this position may be required to perform Customer Service Representative, Teller, and Loan Associate duties. More than one duty is required to be classified as a UB.
1. Must have and retain extensive knowledge of bank products and services in order to serve the customer effectively.
2. Perform basic teller, vault, collection, new accounts, and back up loan related duties.
3. Maintain a high level of company and customer confidentiality.
4. Adherence to and support of all compliance and BSA/AML rules and regulations related to this job function.
5. Performs other duties that may be assigned by Management.
1. The UB is to rotate various job duties at least bi-monthly for a week.
2. Pays and receives and maintains a teller drawer.
3. Maintains records for vault.
4. Inputs currency orders and shipments.
5. Completes laser pro worksheets as requested by loan officers.
6. Assists in safe deposit box customer entry.
Note: UB I spends less than 50% of time working the teller line.
UB II spends greater than 50% of the time working the platform.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• 1 year of teller experience in a financial institution with additional training in a business-related area.
1. Business degree from a technical school and/or college preferred.
2. General knowledge in Microsoft programs Excel, Word and Outlook.
3. Proficient at operating a computer, typing/word processing, ten key number pad, printer, fax machine, and copier.
4. May require successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).
5. The interpersonal skills necessary to relate to and empathize with other people and to maintain a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor through the day.
6. Must possess superior organizational skills, communication skills and capable of making good judgments.
7. Must have a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Work schedule will vary depending upon location, but will consist of an 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:45 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Mon. through Fri. Rotation of Saturday banking hours may be included. Schedule may require representing the company after hours at related functions, customer calls or training. Occasional overtime may be required. Regular attendance is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
At least 1 year teller experience and 6 months experience working new accounts and customer service in a financial institution.
Ability to perform basic teller, vault, and collection duties?